Minimum ACT Scores to be exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER:
- Math 23
- English 23
- For ACT scores lower than 23, an ACCUPLACER test is required.
The ACCUPLACER is a placement test, and an evaluation of Math and English skills.
High Schools have the ability to test students at their high school location. High School counselors will notify students when testing is available.
Testing typically takes about an hour and a half to two hours.
Testing is available at the KCKCC campus, TEC Center, and Pioneer Center. No Friday testing during the summer semesters.
ACCUPLACER, minimum score requirements:
- English courses: Reading scores of 75 and Sentence Skills scores of 70.
- Math courses: Math score of 100.
- Speech and Psychology: Reading score of 75
- All other courses: Reading score of 65
ACCUPLACER, TEC Center minimum score requirements:
- Cosmetology, Nail Technology, and Electrical Technology reading scores of 60.
- CNA program Reading score of 65.
- All other TEC students must take the Reading portion of the ACCUPLACER, no minimum score.
- It is recommended that students all students take the Math section of the ACCUPLACER.
ACCUPLACER Test Details
Get tools and resources to help you prepare for the tests.
Read more about Student Practice
Inside the Test
Learn more about what’s covered on the test.
Read more about Inside the Test
F.L. Schlagle High School Code: 171-537
A FREE online ACT test prep tool for students, with personalized, self-guided plans based on test results from the PreACT® and the ACT® test, as well as official ACT practice tests.